Parent volunteers run all of our services. New volunteers are always welcome and very much appreciated! If you would like to get involved in any of these areas listed below or have a business or contact that can assist us please contact the secretary via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parents & Citizens Association is an important part of our school community at Sorrento Primary School. It involves all of us – the students, the school, the staff members, and all parents and caregivers of OUR CHILDREN. We are a school-wide network of parents and community members who are committed to the values and priorities of public education.
The P&C Association plays an important part in providing supplementary resources and services for teachers and students. The P&C provides the school with annual funding for additional teacher resources, curriculum funding, purchase of book awards, Year 6 Graduation Dinner, and purchase of library, art, music and sports equipment. In addition, we support special purchases such as interactive whiteboards, playground equipment, iPads and airconditioning.
The P&C also provides a range of valuable services:
- Uniform shop – open Friday mornings and Wednesday afternoons
- Book club – twice a term with the Book Fair usually in Term 4
- School Banking – every Wednesday morning at the School Canteen
- Fundraising – various ‘fun’ activities that the students enjoy: discos, raffles, the annual Lapathon, “Sorrento Under the Stars”, etc
- Class Contacts – a liaison in each class for the parents, students and teachers. They also may create a ‘contact list’ and provide a welcome for new families