Success for all students
- Rigorous analysis of data to develop high expectations and specific learning targets.
- Implement and embed quality and research-based strategies and diagnostic assessments.
- Implement the Response to Intervention (RTI) model to target academically capable students, and students at educational risk.
- Support staff with case management approaches to planning and assessment for identified students with additional education needs.
Excellence in teaching and learning
- Develop and embed a whole school approach to Reading, Writing, Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation, and Mathematics.
- Develop whole school scope and sequence documents, consistent planning documents and resources across the whole school for English and Mathematics.
- Embed a structured lesson design to embed consistency in lesson delivery.
- Develop a partnership with the West Coast Language Development Centre to embed the explicit instruction of phonological awareness and synthetic phonics across the whole school.
- Develop essential learning and expectation guidelines for literacy and numeracy instruction.
Supportive and inclusive school environment
- Review Social and Emotional Wellbeing Program and research, and implement whole school approach to support positive wellbeing and pastoral care.
- Implement a chaplaincy program to support individuals and groups of students.
- Provide teaching and learning opportunities that celebrate differences and recognises, respects and embraces cultural diversity.
- Use increased flexibility to provide students and risk with strategies and programs to meeting their needs.
- Continue the scheduled Student Services portfolio for individual case management.
- Maintain school processes for monitoring attendance and absences.
- Review and upgrade parent communication to encourage family and community involvement in the school.
- Strengthen parent and community partnerships within the school.
- Strengthen governance processes and function of the School Board.
- Develop positive partnerships with the Duncraig Network Partnership.
- Build a strong and seamless transition from primary to secondary school to assist with student retention.
- Establish the Fathering Project. Build links with other school communities through the Fathering Project.