As an Independent Public School, Sorrento Primary School plans on a three-year cycle via a Business Plan.
Independent reviews are undertaken to provide assurance to the school and its community, the Director General of Education, and the Minister for Education on the extent to which the school has met its commitments. Our Annual Reports provide more regular feedback about targets and initiatives within the school, while the opportunity for external, independent reviews also offers valuable insight into our progress as a school.
Our current Business Plan focuses on five main drivers, which we have used to underpin our priority areas:
- Promote a positive school culture
- Build strong staff performance
- Develop a high level of academic rigour and contemporary practice
- Build rigour into Early Years Education K-2
- Develop and sustain Professional Learning Communities