Our P&C and Salty the Seagull (our feathered mascot) welcomes all parents, carers and community members to our wonderful primary school!
If you fancy some good company and are keen to contribute to our many activities and events, please check out the membership forms and other docs in the P&C Documents dropdown – or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
P&C general meetings are held once per term. The P&C Executive also meet twice every term. We always welcome new fundraising initiatives or ideas for new grants and projects. If you have ideas, let us know! Check out what we’ve been doing in 2020 here!
Please visit our Schoolzine Parent Portal calendar for all of this year’s scheduled P&C Meetings.
Vice-President and Fundraising Co-ordinator
Executive and P&C Representative to the School Board
Executive and WACSSO Liaison
Hannah von Ahlefeld
About our P&C
The Sorrento Primary School P&C Association is a dynamic (and fun!) network of parents, carers, teachers, community members and others who are passionate about working with the school to provide additional resources for all of our kids. We are committed to the priorities and values of public education but we understand that school budgets are limited!
We raise around $30 000 per year through our:
- Canteen. The Surf Shack is open Tuesdays and Thursdays (order on-line!) and also organises regular themed cake stalls and end-of-term sausage sizzles.
- Fundraising activities & events. In 2020, despite restrictions in place due to COVID-19, P&C still organised a Treat the Teachers fundraiser, Halloween Disco, Mother’s and Father’s Day stalls, Golden Ravioli Pasta and Cookie Dough fundraisers – and celebrated our 50-year school anniversary with a Treat the School Community Morning Tea and Mug Fundraiser!
- Book Club. There are 2 issues per term and a great Book Fair at the end of the year.
- School Building Fund is a special P&C fund set up to assist with ongoing school maintenance.
The P&C also:
- Applies for local grants to fund great school projects.
- Organises Busy Bees (e.g. School Toilet Project)
- Celebrates important UN events, such as World Teachers’ Day and Harmony Day.
P&C funds are allocated following our Strategic Investment Plan to:
- 5 priority areas identified by the school community in a 2019-20 following the results of a Fundraising Priority-Rating Survey (65%):
– STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) resources, activities and equipment
– Outdoor play areas
– Sporting equipment
– Furniture and renovation
– IT programs & equipment
- Busy Bees (10%)
- Regular events, programs and resources (20%)
- Operational costs (5%)
A new parent survey will be conducted in 2021-22…